UBA (United Bank for Africa) online account opening process requires a computer with internet connection and a valid email address that will be used for verification once the process starts. This Nigerian bank with the slogan Africa’s Global bank encourages its customers or intended customers to contact them via email using cfc[at]ubagroup.com. Questions will be answered as soon as possible with the advice to send replies through the same tread of email you sent earlier for easy continuity and response.
To open a UBA account online, follow the simple steps below.
1. Visit www.ubagroup.com/aop.aspx
2. Review the available accounts.
Review the available accounts customers can open in UBA and the countries (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Congo Brazzaviille, Congo DRC, Cote D’ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea Konakry, Kenya, Liberia, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia) it is available in. The available accounts for review are:
- Savings Accounts. This assures ease of savings and attractive interest rate. It is available in all the countries listed above excluding Guinea Konakry.
- Current Accounts. Simple and secure for business owners and companies. Availability - same as savings
- Domiciliary Accounts. Easy foreign currency accounts (Dollar-$, Euro-€, Yen-¥, Pound-£). This is available in Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Uganda, and Zambia for now.
- Non Residents Account. This encourages people who live abroad to bank at home. This is available in Guinea konakry, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Uganda, Zambia
After reviewing the account and have picked the right one, simply click next to continue
3. Provide your personal information
UBA deems it very important to secure the personal data of its customers. This step helps the bank to verify each customer’s identity and also help reduce the risk of impersonation (someone else opening an account in your name). Answer the questions correctly. Select the Country you want to open the account in, the account type, country of residence, branch city/state/town areas, fill in your name, email, confirm email and click submit. Note that here, you'll be required to select a UBA branch so be sure to pick a branch close to you or one you can easily visit.
4. Verify your email
Once the step 1 process has be completed and the submit tab clicked, UBA will send an email to the listed email address for verification. This could take up to 5 minutes to arrive in your mail box but after that expires and you don’t see a message that says click here to verify your email, check your spam mails or just click the resend button on page. Verify your email by clicking the link available in the email or by copying the provided URL and pasting it in your browser.
5. Review and accept the terms and conditions
Here, you are required to read and accept the terms and conditions of UBA by clicking the check box available after the texts stating certain rules and what is required of the new customer. Check the box by clicking on it and then click the submit tab and you’ve completed the process.
After completion and submission of the account application form online, the applying customer will receive an email with his/her new account number. Also, a detailed instruction on how to complete the KYC process will be sent to you via email.
This KYC (Know your Customer) form must be completed (in a UBA branch) so that you can enjoy all the benefits of your new UBA account. Therefore, one is required to take the form to the branch that was selected while filling the online account application form. Remember, an email address is very vital in opening the account online.